AGA DC Mission Statement
AGA DC fosters learning, certification, leadership, and collaboration for professionals and stakeholders committed to advancing government accountability.
Welcome to the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) Washington, DC Chapter’s 66th year of advancing government accountability! I am proud to serve as your 2017 Chapter President. As a native Washingtonian and 17 year member of AGA, I look forward to offering quality training, professional development and certification resources, networking, and value added benefits to members. Highlights of the upcoming year and national awards include the following:
- Awards – Recognition for service and accomplishments to AGA and the profession
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) – Study groups and scholarship
- Citizen Centric Reporting – “Winner of the 2016 Accountability and Transparency Award”
- Community Service – “Winner of the 2016 Community Service Award” and social responsibility
- Early Careers – Millennials we welcome you - professionals with less than 3 years of experience
- Mentoring 2.0 – Mentor and protégé pairing and leadership training
- Member Services – Experience networking and national treasures across Washington, DC
- Newsletter, Social Media and web page – transparent and engaging communications
- 16th Annual DC Chapter Financial Management Training – March 29th – 30th
Save-the-date for the last monthly luncheon for this program year.
|May 17, 2017||The Hamilton|
Live the AGA values of Service, Accountability, Integrity and Leadership to make a positive impact on the profession while inspiring others.
Wendy Morton-Huddleston, CGFM, PMP
2017 AGA Washington, DC Chapter President
“There is no greater honor than to be in public service” – Condolezza Rice